Design a safer pipe system.
At each stage of a project—from drawings to day-to-day operations—understanding water conditions is essential to keeping occupants safe from bacteria such as legionella, coliforms, and e-coli. A range of factors can lead to biofilm growth in piping systems, including material, surface roughness, low-flow fixture rates, and how the piping handles sanitization and temperature treatments.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- The basics of bacteria growth in various piping materials
- Why is bacteria in building water piping a growing problem
- The role of low-flow fixtures and water conservation in biofilm formation
- Prevention strategies through design strategies and pipe material selection
- How to use the ANSI/ASHRAE 188-2015 standard to alleviate risk